Job vacancy: Linking & Learning Coordinator
The Global Alliance for Green and Gender Action (GAGGA) is currently looking to recruit a full-time Linking & Learning Coordinator. Together with the Advocacy & Collaborations Coordinator, you will be responsible for the effective and collective implementation of this 5-year program (2021-2025) to advance gender, environmental and climate justice.
THE GAGGA NETWORK
GAGGA is a diverse network involving women’s funds, environmental justice funds, NGOs and women-led community-based organizations. Together we strengthen and enhance collaboration between women’s rights, gender, environmental and climate justice movements — from local to international levels — to engage with governments, investors and donors so that they take urgent action to divest from fossil fuel industries; support inclusive, sustainable gender-just climate solutions; and defend critical ecosystems.
GAGGA harnesses the collective power of these movements to propose climate mitigation and adaptation solutions that amplify women’s, girls’ and trans, non-binary and intersex peoples’ leadership, resilience and agency across Africa, Asia, Europe (Georgia) and Latin America. Launched in 2016, the alliance is led by Fondo Centroamericano de Mujeres (FCAM), based in Central America, with Netherlands-based partners Both ENDS, a global environmental justice NGO, and the international women’s fund Mama Cash. It is supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands under their Power of Voices programme (2021-2025).
GAGGA also partners with Global Greengrants Fund (GGF), Prospera – International Network of Women Funds, the Women’s Environment & Development Organization (WEDO) and 350.org to develop and offer insights into the importance of resourcing women’s rights, environmental and climate justice; strengthen lobby and advocacy on climate finance; and build connections with climate justice movements.
With the growth of the programme since 2021 and a clear strategic vision to strengthen its cross movement-building and advocacy work, GAGGA’s Alliance Members took the decision to expand GAGGA’s coordination unit. They set up a structure that is led by Co-Coordinators, working together with a PMEL Officer, a Communications Specialist and a Programme Assistant.
The Co-Coordinators will work closely together, thinking and acting as GAGGA, to fulfill its goals and realise its potential. They have a clear role to facilitate and strengthen relations and work processes between alliance members, based on the agreed principles and ways of working. Furthermore, each Co-Coordinator will focus on key strategic areas of work for GAGGA: Linking and Learning and Advocacy and Collaborations, with the aim of strengthening our collective work under our Linking and Influencing Strategies.
THE ROLE: LINKING AND LEARNING CO-COORDINATOR
OBJECTIVES AND WORK AREAS
The Linking and Learning Co-Coordinator will be responsible for strengthening connections and facilitating linking and learning opportunities between GAGGA partners and allies from the climate, environmental justice and women’s rights movements within and across local, regional, and global levels. Cross-movement building and strengthening is an essential objective in this role.
- Coordination and facilitation of collective opportunities and processes for GAGGA’s Linking & Learning Strategy: with an eye to cross-movement building and strengthening, support work that allows for the liaison of and connection between GAGGA network partners across Africa, Asia, the Pacific, Latin America and Europe for collective gender just climate action. This includes identifying opportunities for joint learning, strategizing and collaboration within and amongst regions, focusing on targeting national governments, international (financing) institutions, investors and donors at multiple levels to divest from fossil fuel (related) industries, defend critical ecosystems, assure tailor-made financial flows and support inclusive, sustainable and gender-just climate solutions. This should be driven by the interest, demands and knowledge of GAGGA network partners.
- Relationship strengthening with GAGGA Strategic Allies: maintain and strengthen relations with GAGGA Strategic Allies, ensuring their insight and contributions to GAGGA’s work across its’ Linking and Influencing strategies. The Linking and Learning Co-Coordinator will also rely on their knowledge, reach and awareness within GAGGA’s extensive network, to identify where and with whom there are opportunities for collaboration with Strategic Allies.
- Support coordination of GAGGA: together with the Advocacy and Collaborations Co-Coordinator, have a birds-eye view of what is happening across GAGGA; make connections and suggest ways to leverage opportunities across the three different GAGGA strategies (Strengthening, Linking and Influencing) and address overlaps and gaps; support the relationship strengthening between alliance members; and lead in the facilitation of planning, learning and organizational reflection spaces.
- Knowledge generation and evidence building: facilitate knowledge generation and evidence building activities amongst GAGGA network partners across Africa, Asia, the Pacific, Latin America and Europe for collective gender just climate actions and solutions, specifically to support GAGGA’s Linking strategy and cross-movement building. The voices, demands and perspective of GAGGA networks partners across Africa, Asia, the Pacific, Latin America and Europe should be central.
- Lead on GAGGA grant management and administration: together with the Advocacy and Collaborations Co-Coordinator, support respective alliance members in the management and implementation of grants received for GAGGA. Together with the Advocacy and Collaborations Co-Coordinator, lead the management and implementation of GAGGA’s overall budget as well as in relationship management with all GAGGA donors.
- Lead and manage the GAGGA coordination unit: together with the Advocacy and Collaborations Co-Coordinator, lead the coordination unit to deliver its coordination function to the consortium including supporting FCAM as penholder and managing accountabilities to GAGGA’s donors.
- General relationship management: Build and manage relationships with all of GAGGA’s donors, allies and partners.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Master’s degree in a related field (public policy, political science, gender studies, environmental studies, or related field) or equivalent experience (at least five years) in a professional or volunteer role in one of these fields.
- Proven experience (at least five years) in working with women’s rights, feminist, environmental and/or climate justice movements, particularly from the Global South.
- Expertise in working with large global, multi-actor, multi-cultural and multi-level programs. Knowledge of working with community-based organizations in the Global South is an asset.
- Strong commitment to women’s rights, environmental and climate justice.
- Understanding of cross-movement building, with knowledge on women´s rights, gender, environmental and/or climate justice as an added value.
- Experience in enabling multiple organizations to work together at different engagement levels (local, national and international).
- Knowledge of some GAGGA partners, their constituencies and geographical reach, how they operate and relationships between them.
- Strong analytical, communications and writing skills.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, French is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working with a vibrant global network of organisations, funds and communities
- Health, travel, and life insurance
- Health and training days
- Reimbursement for self-care
- And others
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com by July 6th.
Job vacancy: Advocacy & Collaborations Coordinator
The Global Alliance for Green and Gender Action (GAGGA) is currently looking to recruit a full-time coordinator to support the…
Job vacancy: Linking & Learning Coordinator
The Global Alliance for Green and Gender Action (GAGGA) is currently looking to recruit a full-time Linking & Learning Coordinator.…
Report | Critical approaches to gender in mountain ecosystems
Women play a key role in nature conservation, yet they often lack the inputs, technologies, training and extension services, and…
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up and keep up to date with our network's collective fight for a gender and environmentally just world.