Our Voices, Our Environment – The State of Funding for Women’s Environmental Action
The impacts of climate change and environmental degradation are not gender neutral and, thus, funding cannot be either. Yet only 0.2 percent of all foundation funding focuses explicitly on women and the environment —a missed opportunity for funders committed to ensuring a healthy environment and equitable world.
Our Voices, Our Environment: The State of Funding for Women’s Environmental Action is the first-ever bench marking of philanthropic funding in support of women and the environment. Produced by Global Greengrants Fund and Prospera International Network of Women’s Funds, in partnership with the Wallace Global Fund and the Global Alliance for Green and Gender Action (GAGGA), this resource offers:
- A mapping of funding levels and existing initiatives in support of women and the environment
- Case studies illustrating the impact of women-led strategies to address environmental challenges, from protecting ancestral lands against gold-mining contamination in Indonesia to reforestation in Kenya’s Rift Valley
- Lessons learned and funding strategies from peer grantmakers active at this nexus
- Issue-specific entry points for funders already engaged in environmental grantmaking
- Opportunities and guidance from women’s rights activists for funders that want to strengthen their existing grantmaking and take further action
To access this publication, please click here.
Published: March 2018
Organisation(s): Global Greengrants Fund and Prospera, International Network of Women’s Funds