CSW66 event recording | Feminist solutions for the environmental and climate crises
This year the 66th session of the UN’s Commission on the Status of Women (CSW66) is addressing gender equality in the context of climate change and environmental degradation for the first time as its priority theme. On March 15th, 2022, GAGGA co-organized a virtual event on the intersections of climate, gender and sustainable development.
Land defenders and gender rights advocates joined ministry representatives from Sweden, Chile and the Netherlands for a discussion about feminist leadership in protecting land, promoting climate solutions and supporting truly sustainable development strategies. In this session, we explored how governments and feminist climate movements can best work together to tackle the root causes of the climate crisis. You can watch the full recording below.
- Mela Chiponda, Just Associates
- Adrián Díaz, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile
- Sevidzem Ernestine Leikiki, Cameroon Gender and Environment Watch
- Sandile Ndelu, FRIDA | Young Feminist Fund
- Cecilia Sharp, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
- Kitty van der Heijden, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands
Moderator: zohra moosa, Mama Cash
You can read the speakers’ bios here.
Graphic designer: Naandeyé Garcia Villegas
Photos: Lokiaka Community Development Centre, Tarini Manchanda, Fundación entre Mujeres