Join our COP26 side event on gender-just climate finance
Gender-just climate finance: from barriers to actionable solutions
This event took place on Thursday, 4 Nov 2021. You can watch the full recording here.
With gender-responsiveness a work in progress, current climate funds are hardly accessible for women-led community based organizations. While these groups lack access to finance and decision-making, they already lead bold holistic gender-just climate solutions and initiatives worth funding support.
List of speakers:
- Liane Schalatek, Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Titi Akosa, Centre for 21st Century Issues
- Florencia Ortuzar Greene, GAGGA/AIDA
- Laura Garcia, Global Greengrants Fund
- Young Hee Lee, Adaptation Fund
- Paula Fuentes Merino, Chilean Delegation to COP26
Moderator: Daan Robben, Both ENDS
- Call to Action for Gender-Just Climate Finance | GAGGA, November 2021
- Our Voices, Our Environment: The State of Funding for Women’s Environmental Action (full report) | Global Greengrants Fund
- Our Voices, Our Environment: The State of Funding for Women’s Environmental Action (next steps for funders) | Global Greengrants Fund
- More than an add-on? Evaluating the integration of gender in Green Climate Fund projects and programs | Heinrich Böll Foundation, November 2021
Above featured photo by Sabokahan.
#GAGGAatCOP28 Side Event: Links and Resources
Join GAGGA, Fundo Casa Socioambiental, and Non-Timber Forest Products – Exchange Program (NTFP-EP) for a pivotal discussion on ensuring gender just climate policy…
November 2023 Newsletter | GAGGAatCOP28: Advocating for the Voices on the Frontlines
As global leaders converge for UNFCCC COP28, GAGGA brings forth a tapestry of narratives from the very frontlines of climate…
November 2023 Newsletter | GAGGA At COP28: Advocating for the Voices on the Frontlines
As global leaders convene for the much-anticipated COP28, there exists an undeniably urgent necessity: the incorporation of grassroots voices into…
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up and keep up to date with our network's collective fight for a gender and environmentally just world.